Wednesday, May 25, 2011

linseed and fig muffins

When I came back from overseas in January 2011, I realised that I had an expensive packet of linseeds near expiry. At the same time, the fridge at home collapsed so we had to transfer all our fridged food into the freezer and I was packing old pantry items for Canberra. I had linseeds, dried figs and hazelnuts that all needed to be used – stat – so I made cupcakes using these as core ingredients. Here they are:
The result was a wholesome healthy sweet treat, but they were a bit dry - because we left it in the oven for a bit too long. I had to quickly leave the kitchen as I was catching up with my friends before I left for Canberra so my family was responsible for the oven. 17 minutes is a bit too long for small cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...