Monday, January 16, 2012

Yum Cha in Dickson

A while ago, my family in Sydney visited me in Canberra. I made the most of this by bringing them to yum cha in Dickson – a suburb in Canberra which is the closest thing to ‘Chinatown’ as there are heaps of Asian restaurants and groceries packed into one street.

This was one of the better yum chas that I’ve been to in Canberra. The pastry of the dumplings had a sufficient bounciness, the typical dishes were on the menu and there were many menu options that weren’t deep-fried. While all the popular yum cha dishes were on the menu, it somewhat lacked the innovative dishes that you’d get in Sydney. Despite this, it is still one of the most decent yum chas that I’ve been to in Canberra.
The Scholar Chinese Restaurant
23 Woolley St
Dickson
Canberra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...