Sunday, April 1, 2012

home-made pancake with figs

The first things I learnt to cook between the approximate ages of 7 and 12 were pancakes and cupcakes from the packet mix. I whipped up a wholemeal and soy pancake drizzled with honey and fresh figs as a reminder of home (and my competency of cooking beyond opening a can of mixed beans - joke).
As much as I love food, lately I've been wondering whether there is more to life than the next party, the next meal, the next weekend after a tough week at work and/or the next meaningful project you'd get at work. In Canberra or by just starting full-time work, so many people are consumed in the work/leisure cycle - work enough so you can afford your after-5pm lifestyle. And relax/rejuvenate after hours to get you back into the speed of work. At the moment, it seems to me like a cycle which lasts for a loooooonnnngggg time.

To 'spice' things up, people get into relationships, buy properties, have children/get married/divorced. Maybe I'm just dreading the inevitable and should appreciate the finer/larger things in life. This is a journey in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...