Wednesday, July 18, 2012

pumpkin soup

Remember my post about vegetable stock? (click here) This was inspired my housemate who brought home a little pumpkin for me one day. This was the smallest pumpkin I ever saw (fit like a glove in my palm). The pumpkin came from someone's back yard so was organic. It was so adorable that I could imagine keeping it forever as an ornament but the weather was cooling so I knew it had to be used for soup.

I bought some more pumpkin, orange sweet potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. They were lightly tossed in olive oil and roasted to bring out their true sweet flavour. A vegetarian friend introduced me to the roasting method for pumpkin soup and I've never looked back. Rather than boiling the pumpkin, roasting it makes the soup naturally sweet and super super super tasty. DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...