Friday, February 1, 2013

red and green salad

Eh oh. It's 7.30pm, I just woke up from a nap and it's dinner time but I can't decide whether I'm not hungry or still waking up. Maybe if I try to articulate my food-thoughts on this blog, I will start to feel more grounded and hungry.

Mainstream food/health magazines, web pages and books always say that when you eat, your meal should contain as many colours as possible as this usually means your meal contains a range of nutrients.

However, on a recent hot day, I improvised and created a salad from everything that looked good from my fridge... everything just happened to be red and green. (maybe it's a good salad to get you in the xmas mood?) 

Afterwards, I looked at the nutrients of all the salad ingredients on this website and it seems that my arse aka nutritional needs were well covered in the salad. The ingredients were a high source of Vitamin A, B6, C, E, K, dietary fibre, folate, iron, magnesium etc. The apple cider vinegar is known to aid weight loss - whether this is a psychological thing of 'this liquid is so strong that i don't want to eat anymore' is beyond me.

Oh, and it was delicious - creamy with the avocados, fresh with the almost-raw zucchini and apples and tangy with the vinegar dressing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...